Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Bowers Museum Quilts

In the center of each of these log cabins are 3 squares, one red, one white, and one blue square, sewn into a long rectangle. Then the logs go round them...Someone was patriotic.


I went to the Bowers Museum today to see the quilts in their collection that they had on exhibit.

Gosh!


I love old!
I am posting the quilts I took photos of. I had to use the camera without flash.


That meant I needed to hold the camera verry still. I did~sorta~okay.




I couldn't believe it!!
~~~~~~


I do believe that this was my favorite today....

This picture is looking much too pink. The quilt doesn't look that way really.
Made of silks mostly.
~~

Four Trips Around the World


~

Linsey-Woolsy means it was made of linen and Wool.....

It is pretty.
Click on the quilt and check out the quilting patterns...

~

There was a Drunkard's Path with shamrocks quilted into the border, ...I wonder....









....................Star of Bethleham~















(Blogger is deciding where these pictures are going... )



These two were all silks and a few pieces of velvet, it said cotton too, but I couldn't see any.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a wonderful way to spend several hours on a rainy day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: